Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mizuno Wave Run

The alarm rang.


What the hell... It's a freaking Sunday!

Got up reluctantly and staggered clumsily towards the alarm that’s screaming at me on the dresser. Bitch slapped the screamer and hopped back on to bed. Wriggled into my comforter and wrapped myself up like a popiah. Lying on the warm and comfy bed contently, I started contemplating whether to continue sleeping or get ready for the run.


Run... you lazy bum!

But but but... it's a Sunday!

Then why bother training!

But but...

Stop your but's or i'll kick yours!


At last, the adventurous side of me kicked the ass of my lazy side out of bed to get ready for the 10km run at Tasik Perdana.


Took a quick shower and shocked my body out its slumber.


Dropped by McD for a quick breakfast.


Love the buns!


Reached Padang Merbok around 645am and saw many people running around to warm up.


Shit… the last time I ran 10km was back in Secondary school.


Panicked for a second in the car.“Well what the heck, since I’m already here” I told myself


Did some stretching and a shot run before convening with other runners at the starting line. Glad to see a few familiar faces (Ange, SoHe, Nic, Henry) at the race.


Started off slow and picked up my pace after the 5km drink station. A lot runner continued the race walking after the station. Seized the opportunity to catch up on loss time while my faithful MP3 player kept me pumping with upbeat music.


Sprint all the way to the finish line during the last km. Checked my timer, 52m 43s.


I smiled.


That’s not too bad


Next frontier: Great Easter 30KM 2009

8 comments:

Legolas said...

You should sleep.

Janvier said...

Yes. While still wrapped popiah-style.

savante said...

Next time call me.
For breakfast :P

J.L said...

6.45am? Still in dreamland.

Winn said...

so early? liucas wld love to join u.....can ar?

Anonymous said...

Lego: And missed out the fun? L

Janvier: That's lari dalam guni which i won 2 years consecutively during primary school :p

Savante: you should be still in slumberland

Chester: Precisely

Winn: Liucan be my partner!

Alex said...

LOL.... can you run while still popiah-wrapped? :P

EarlGreyTea said...

let's have popiah-wrapped hopping race... ;p

eh, maner pingat?? first 1000 to reach get pingat kan?