Wednesday, March 04, 2009

It's Not So SMART After All

Caught in a very bad traffic yesterday at the city centre. A heavy torrential pour had flooded a few areas in the city centre and disrupted the flow of traffic. Even the fire station near PWTC wasn’t spared. Isn’t ironic that a fire station is flooded? I saw a inflated boat ferrying people out from the fire station and I thought it was a drill but the news on the radio confirmed my suspicion.

Apart from rain, we have plenty of irresponsible & very rude road users in KL. The massive jam yesterday was mostly caused by these asshole drivers. The over-glorified tunnel failed to mitigate the flood or the traffic. The only usage of the tunnel for me is to get to Mid Valley under 15 mins. Does it really worth the billions of our tax payers’ money? I really sympathize those who were trapped in the city yesterday, no LRT, no bus, no way out.

Sigh… KL oh KL….

3 comments:

Pike-chan said...

I read that the river that caused the recent flooding in KL wasn't covered by SMART.

Alex said...

Gasp. Such a horrible flood! Luckily I escaped it. Poor Jason....

MrBunnyBan said...

No LRT?

Well, floods are *less* frequent than it used to be. I used to hear of KL flooding like every other month.