Monday, September 17, 2007

Kena Saman

Not talking about the 'summon' that comes in red envelope here.

I was issued my first summon yesterday.

Woo Hoo! Eh… shouldn’t I be sad :P

Anyway, it all happened at the toll booth of Sg. Buloh yesterday. While waiting for my turn, I quickly made a call to my mom. It was a very short chat, maybe less than a minute and the traffic was still idling after the call. When it was my turn, I took the ticket and whizzed off leisurely. Less than a 100m away, I could see two police men issuing summon to some lorry drivers, when all of a sudden, one of them looked at my direction and signaled me to pull over. Just like every ‘law-obeying’ citizen, I pulled my car aside and rolled down my window.

*taken from Mohd Fahmi

JL: Selamat petang Encik

Police: Selamat petang, boleh minta lesen dan saya akan beritahu kesalahan Encik

(kesalahan? What did I do eh?)

*handed the policeman my driving license*

Police: Encik telah melakukan kesalahan menggunakan telefon semasa memandu

O_o

JL: Tetapi kereta saya telah berhenti dan traffik masih belum bergerak selepas panggilan tersebut

Police: Ia masih dikira sabagai memandu, Encik sepatutnya berhenti di tepi jalan selepas tol untuk membuat panggilan telefon

JL: Tetapi kereta saya tidak bergerak

Police: Ya Encik, tapi ia masih adalah satu kesalahan

JL: OK...

-__-*

*scribbled on his pad and then handed me the summon with the sweetest smile*

Police: Encik boleh bayar saman anda di PJ dalam tempoh masa 2 bulan

JL: Terima Kasih

Police: Terima Kasih


Now, if only there’re that efficient in solving crimes and catching thieves…

*sigh…*

__________________________________________________________________

"87 killed in Thai plane crash, officials say"


My deepest condolences go out to all those families who lost their love ones.

12 comments:

savante said...

They have such sharp eyes woh :P

Janvier said...

First time for everything eh? But we too think it's unfair since yer car wasn't moving.

Guatyen said...

buat muka seposen, and cry... maybe can lepas?

Alex said...

The police are going after easy targets... didn't see much improvement in KL traffic and driving attitudes....

Cekap. Bersih. Amanah. :P

rainbow angeles said...

Kesian... but at least tarak mintak mau minum kopi for bukak poser... :P

moz monster said...

Firstly ... condolences to the victims of the air crash.

Secondly ... at least the police didn't ask for some buka puasa fund contribution ! I take that as an improvement, although I do agree they're better off elsewhere going after real criminals !

Sam said...

At least they didn't hint at you to bribe them.

Jason said...

If they did ask for bribe, maybe they'll double the amount as they're wearing the "Saya Anti-Rasuah" badge!

a^ben said...

fuah` how much did the summon cost you???

Anonymous said...

Savante: Mutant kot? :P

Janvier: If you were me, what would you do?

Alison: I buat muka 3 sen pun takde effect :P

Alex: I'm an easy target? :P

Angel: Kalau mintak... i'll give the fella a packet of Nescafe 3 in 1 :P

Moz: But hoh.. there're more hardworking around the Ramadhan month. Trying to increase their Ramadhan fund?

Sam: Bribe! juk juk juk... dosa

Jason: Badge tak nampak... but a big stupid smile was plastered across his face

Ben: You wanna chip in ke? :P

may said...

Sai Loh, nei tai gor jai jor lor! saman dou jung... heheh! gei tak hei wann, ji dou mou?

just me said...

Your summons account...I was thinking your BM is very good!

Reminding self NOT to do what you did..I send out sms sometimes when car is stationary...that could get me a summons too?