Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lap Sap

Last month, I helped my dear friend, Earl, to move his stuffs from the old loft to his new abode at Bukit Jalil. I thought I’ve trouble throwing away things, but this fella has more stuffs than I do. A very handy advice for people who are shifting, please ask your friend to help you because it will help you save time and space.

Time as he/she will help you throw away things which are not useful but you can’t bring yourself to throw it away. Given reasons include I might use/read/wear it again. Believe me… you won’t.

Space as you’ll need to find space to store the above mentioned items, which you swear you will use/read/wear again, whereas in reality it’ll be left forgotten among the pile of things that you’ve assured yourself that you’ll definitely use/read/wear again. Do you see a pattern here?

I used to keep stuffs like notes, school bags, erasers, bus tickets, VCR tapes, name tags, shoes and the list goes on and on. I had my drawings, notes, text books from kindergarten until Form 5. Crazy right? I keep telling myself that these things will become useful one day but unfortunately that day never come. The stuffs that I’d thrown/donated are more than those I’d moved to my apartment.

“One man’s Lap Sap is another man’s treasure”

7 comments:

Sam said...

And that is why my room is like a time capsule. ;)

MrBunnyBan said...

Since a few years back (marraige issues), I've been moving about a bit. Somehow I don't really keep much stuff with me anymore.

(Yay, new post!)

savante said...

I toss plenty of stuff. And I'm amazed Earl is a hoarder.

Anonymous said...

But but but~ those are so nostalgic~!!! I would cry if i were to throw those lap sap away~ in fact i did cried when i moved just last year~ *sob*sob*sob*

Jason said...

Nivlac loves to throw things away too.

Alex said...

Yeah I know... :P
The best rule to determine whether a thing is lap sap or not is to ask this question: Do I ever use/need it? If you hesitate to answer, then it's a NO. Proceed to throw it away.

JL said...

Sam: date back to Jurassic!

Ban: You're a minimalist!

Savante: Me too

Jason: One keeps and one throws to keep the balance...

Alex: Good advice! :P