Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Run: Me, Myself & My Music

The unvarying thumping of my feet reverberated through my fatigued body like a metronome providing a constant beat to the rhythm of my run. With my eyes firmly set on the forlorn lamppost at the end of the circuit, I trudged on with all my might toward the final distance.

Far away
The ship is taking me far away
Far away from the memories
Of the people who care if I live or die

After the run, I rested on the cool soft ground of the now deserted park and marveled in wonder at the inexplicable glimmer of starlight on display in the serene night sky. Almost coincidentally with the spectacular vista, the song ‘Starlight’ started playing on my MP3 player.

Starlight
I will be chasing a starlight
Until the end of my life
I don’t know if it's worth it anymore

As I lay here in the silence, a profound sense of peace & tranquility slowly permeated my frazzled body. My lips Intuitively formed a subtle upward curve while I gazed at the dazzling stars & the luminous crescent moon.

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms

The calming night breeze had lifted my worries & some of my troubles seemed to have gone with the wind.

My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive

Though I may never sprint as fast as Michael Johnson or run like Paul Target, but one thing I have in common with these great men is the passion for running. Running is my sweet escape, my momentary alleviation to life’s reservations. It gives me mental clarity whenever my mind is shrouded by mist of ambiguities. I do not run away from problems but I run to keep a step ahead of them

But I'll never let you go
If you promised not to fade away
Never fade away

Once I perceived how insignificant my predicaments were to the vast scale of life, my heart is greatly filled with contentment. As Lao Tzu says, “No disaster is worse than being discontented. No omen (for your future) worse than being greedy. Yet, if you can find (true) contentment, it will last forever”.

Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations
Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooooo... Muse! really cool song. I like. very muchy. good taste in music, sai loh.

ah nel said...

u sing song kar???

Comically Sad said...

wow thats a really beautiful post. I've seem to have lost my muse :P

rainbow angeles said...

Meliuyang-liuyang?

Winn said...

tell us how u feel when u meliuyang?

Sam said...

Running. Went jogging the other day and now my calves hurt. =(

Will said...

why you love running? running away from who? :P

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

JL,

eh eh bagusnya jogging! hehe...

Sam,

padan muka! nampak sangat tak exercise! hihi...

Guatyen said...

OoOoOoOoo....

my head still empty la... but just wanna sibuk park a comment here.

Applegal said...

Wow, the Muse video's good! Love his jacket. . . The last Muse video I saw was Time's Running Out, which was uber cool as well.

Hehe, can't say that I jog on a regular basis, but the one morning I shall always remember was when I was jogging along the beach at 730am; Wind was cool, the sunlight warmed my face, and the sea was so calm that the islands seem to be floating low in the sky. Beautiful!

Chen said...

Run, run, run !!!
talking about running reminds me of the old days... running to catch the bus during my secondary school days.. No joke cos if I missed the bus, I had to wait for another hour for the next bus :D

Anonymous said...

May cher: Tenkiu tenkiu. Mesti lah good taste... is in the gene bah :P

Ah Nel: I do when no one is watching. pai seh... :P

K: Thanks pal. i think ur muse must have gone for a holiday ;) dun worry, i'll lend u mine ^_^

Angel: MELIUYANG! wah... new Vocab *catat dengan pensel :)

Winn: Focus & determine... like i'm flying/melayanging :)

Sam: it's normal la. Let it rest for a couple of days and it'll be good as new :)
if not just ask ur darling to massage. It will heal even faster ;P

Will: Running away from Along Along Bukit Beruntung :P ... yes i love running,keeps me fit & it's therapeutic as well

Aristocrat: Yup jogging memang best. Badan sihat, minda cergas :)

Alison: Nvr mind, feel free to melayang layang around, who knows tiba tiba kena inspire kan :) have a nice day!

Applegal: The music video is just so so but the song i rike :) Wah another Muse mia fans kah ;)Bestnyer, can jogging kat pantai. Seriously need to do that sometimes :)

Chen: Wah... kesian hoh. So i guess u must be a very good runner. Bila kita mau chuet chor chuet chor ha ;)

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

JL,

that sounds so RTM! hehe...

Alex said...

"Run around the world and you'll come back to the point you started."
The journey, is in your mind :)

Chen said...

not good runner lah..
chasing after the bus type of runner
kakkakkakkaka
tat was ages ago liao :P

Anonymous said...

Is this a coincidence or wat.. I was planning to upload this same song into my blog, but u are one step ahead than me.

i was planning to upload this cool live gig that i found at youtube.com

Go check it out. Its fantastica!!

Anyway, i wil link this cool video in my blog. Cheers. Don sue me for being a copycat ya? :)

Unknown said...

If myself my song... will be all rock songs... LOL

Anonymous said...

arist: ye ke.. hope they won't sue me for plagiarism :)

Alex: Hi Alex, thanks for dropping by :) Very true. Hope my brain has the capacity to store all the wonderful experiences of my life's journey :)

Chen: now u have acquired a new skill... Melayang... so no need to run anymore ;)

BBW: It's good man... Thumbs Up!

Kenny: Rock songs pun jadi man.. ROCK ON!

_butt said...

omg!! why so ngam de? that's my current favs!!! got the song? pls, pls, pls.. can send me? :)

first time i heard the song i thought it was Keane who sang it. sounds kinda similar, the tune and everything.. :D