Saturday, January 06, 2007

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I saw a rainbow while driving back from Hartamas and i broke into a song.




Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Eva Cassidy

*this is one of my favs version


Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
In the land, that I heard of once,
Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over, the rainbow
Skies, are blue
And the dreams
That you dare to dream,
Really do, come true

Some day, I'll wish upon a star,
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles, melt like lemon drops,
Or way above, the chimney tops
Thats where, you'll find me

(Repeat)

Ohh, Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams
That you dare to dream,
Really do come true.
___________________________________________________________________

I went to watch The Guardian just now with mama. Predictable ending but the movie is still OK la. I like the quote at the ending 'So Others May Live'. Tripple Cheers to all the Coast Guards who risk their lives selflessly to save others. Thank you very much!


___________________________________________________________________

I've met my english teacher, Dr. Paul, on the 14th ^_^ Why english teacher? Because i'll surely learn some new words or phrases everytime i read his entry. He is an extremely funny guy and articulate as well.


Besides MD, I've made 2 more new friends, Quendo & Scusi. This New Year is getting better by the minute :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all versions of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. it's such a happy tune to begin with! ;)

ah nel said...

tat day i went pitaling st saw tis movie in dvd but i din bought coz i knew its not clear anyhow later i will bought oso as i knew kevin costner movie all nice wan...

Comically Sad said...

hei i love that song! something about it just makes the sadness go away everytime i'm down. a song filled with better times and hope :)

rainbow angeles said...

Well... I love rainbows... *wink*

The Star gave a "D" rating for that movie and that's why I watched Confession of Pain instead ;)

savante said...

Spontaneously singing showtunes? Man, you are gay :)

And so am I.

Guatyen said...

beautiful song that wan, i like. rainbow? lagi i like! but i love my kiki cat most, can make me smile anytime. ;)

_butt said...

haha.. sometimes I find myself blurt out the song too whenever the word 'somewhere' is uttered during conversation with friends. silly la

The guardian? hmm.. might wana think twice :P

Applegal said...

Oh, I know this song, Mario Frangoulis sang this, right? :) Love your lame jokes, tell me more next time! Cheers! XD

Applegal said...

EH, I don't mean the over the rainbow song, I meant your long blog title! XD Sorry sorry!

moz monster said...

Well ... I don't quite break out into a song and dance routine ... but I actually sit and admire it when I can.

Sigh ... I don't see enough rainbows. I just remove arrows from my back.

JL said...

May: happy & poignant :) just the way i like it. My fren said i dem jiwang cause i always listen to this type songs. Wat a coincident on the bday hoh. Now i feel so lucky as well :)

Ah Nel: not all of his movies are nice la. For instant 'The Postman' is one very long mind-numbing movie. Couldn't believe i actually sit through the whole show. This one ok la, can buy the DVD.

K: Exactly man. Whenever i'm feeling a lil sad & melancholic, i'll listen to it, over and over again! :)

Angel: You syokla can see rainbow from high places ;) Me too! everytime i see one, all my troubles seem to be so far away and feeling all warm & fuzzy inside. Rainbow rawks :)
Next week i'm gonna watch that one. Then we exchange exchange pandangan okie ;)

Savante: LOL... together from the beginning with me ;)

Alison: Kiki Cat!! i want to see.... please.... ^_^

_butt: u also have the rainbowtitis ;) the Guardian no need to think... just tengok DVD. trust me on this one :)

Applegal: WAH! impress... yup it's the song from Frangoulis. I heard it when i was still in sec school. Hooked to it ever since :) thanks... have to start polishing my lame-joking skill now ;)

Moz-Mon: the singing only when i'm alone brader :D don't wanna frighten people with my distasteful croaking LOL
Be patient, it will come when you least expected it. Like all the good things in life ;)

Unknown said...

Hey jl, nice meeting you.

ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER said...

hey there! thanks a lot for the link.


xoxo
shah

Anonymous said...

kenny: Hey man, great meeting u too. When are you going to teach me how to zeng zeng zeng? ;)

TUAris: i prefer Zeyn dude, this one is too long ;) you're welcome dude!

Winn said...

joeson its such a lovely song!!!!!

*melayang layang...*

JL said...

winn: dun layang layang come bek come bek. We sing together gether Okie :)