Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Letter

Hi JL,

How are you doing? It’s has been quite some time, more like a life time, since our last conversation. I could still recall that night we chatted the night away until the break of dawn, curled up contentedly in our comforter and enjoying each other warmness and company. How I long for that moment to last forever, losing ourselves in each other’s dreams and despairs, strength and exhaustion, happiness and sadness.

*my poison

Every time I try to comprehend the person I have become, it frightens me. Did I foresee myself end up like this? No, would be a lie I feed myself to make it less difficult to acknowledge. Little by little, my ideal self is slowly fading away like the autumn leaves. All my emotion has consolidated together and become the epitome of wintry winter.

Do you still remember the tale I told you about finding summer? Have you found yours? It’s so beautiful isn’t it, the searing warmth melting away the cold emotion façade and the birth of inexplicable bliss like blooming flowers in spring. I’ll give everything to experience it again, the hidden plateau of joy; it offered me a momentary delight by just reminiscing it.

I hope you could still recognize me after all these years. Every fine line etched on my face embodies all the significant events I’ve experienced. Every strands of white hair subtly showed my mellowness and hopefully wisdom, which one day perhaps I could share with those who crosses my path. Please don’t forget to remember me, fondly.

I wish you enough, joy, peace and above all else love to keep you warm, safe and loved until we meet again.

Yours Sincerely,
JL

2 comments:

Sam said...

Pretty good opening. Can't wait to read about what comes next. =)

And *gasp* you started a blog!

JL said...

Hi Sam! Welcome to my humble abode & thanks for the compliment.

Newbie ni, sila tunjuk ajar ya