Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Usual Suspect 1: A tribute to Kak Nyonya

Did it ever occur to you that the stranger standing next to you in the LRT or sitting at the next table could be the anonymous blogger, whose blog you read religiously everyday?

Yesterday, while I was walking around Ikea doing my Christmas shopping, I couldn’t help noticing a few happy shoppers portrayed some comparable traits to several of my favorite elusive bloggers.

*N1: wah lu eh Kebaya sui leh, N2: kamsiah... buy at Komtar Penang, ouu SALE mah

One of them is none other than Kak Nynonya of NyonyaPenang fame. ‘This woman is a riot’ is what another blogger, Daniel the Smoker, thinks of her and I couldn’t agree more. She is humorous, intelligent, amiable, and very down to earth as well. Her entries quite often threw me into an abrupt guffaw and gained me some notoriety at the office as the hyena sesat. Her style of writing is an eccentric fusion of English with Chinese dialects which was proven to be quite a killer combo. I’ve always envisage her as a petite little lady with short crop wavy hair, astutely friendly face (with maybe a subtle perpetual smile) oh... and not forgetting a big warm heart. I saw someone like that at the curtain section in Ikea yesterday; she was shopping with her son whom I guess is around the age of 20+. When our eyes met, I smiled and she did the same before I nonchalantly steered off to get some pillows. I owed KaK Nyonya a big Kam Siah for her encouragements had prompted me to start my very own blog. Salute Kak!

On an unrelated note, Happy feet doesn't look too happy in the future.

*yakety yak penguins

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

never new penguins speak bahasa rojak as well LOL... good one

JL said...

anon: i suspect these lil'fellas have been reading M'sian blogs :P that's why their language so 'keng' (powerful) ^_^

nyonyapenang said...

a thousand apologies for this late komen.

ah..ha...are you the one peeking from beind the curtains? i saw one hensem mia anak muda eyeing me ler and i thot gua mia sanggul senget kot.
kakakaka.....

awww.....jl, you're such a sweetie. gua tak deserve this honour la. gua merepek nia la - nothing much of substance pun.

and i must say i'm sooooo happy you finally decided to share your cerita with us in this new blog. i know you're very well-read and can write beautifully too. so, just keep them coming, ya?

**bakuls of sayangzzz to you**

Anonymous said...

Are you free for dinner tonite? Would you like to meet nyonya tonite? *wink*

If you are keen, drop me a comment at angelestrix.blogspot.com

I'm doing this for nyonya kakaka!!

-angel-

Anonymous said...

amboi, amboi, ada orang 'pimping' for me. gua maluuuuu.........
kakakakak..........
**puts bakul over the head**

nyonya

JL said...

Kak Nyonya: No apology needed. Not your fault ma... ensem?! u must have got the wrong person la. If u see a blur2 Chinese boy with muka pecah rumah, itu la gua :P tenkiu jelli much for the bakul of sayangzz, i'll deposit them in the bank ^_^
One (wo)man's merepek is another man's treasure. I'll try my best la ya... Bakul over head! wah new fashion kah? hehehe

Angelesterix: Hi Angel, Thanks for the invitation and dropping by my lil blog. I've sent you an email at angelesterix@gmail. Have you received it yet?

Anonymous said...

hmm....ive always wondered how do i look like in my reader's mind. :>

JL said...

Hi Fashionasia. Thanks for dropping by. When i become your reader then i'll do profiling for you Okie dokie. Have a great weekend