Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sawadee Khrap Bangkok

I now fully comprehend why my friend said Thailand is a land of beautiful people. Simply throw a stone and you're bound to hit a pretty girl or good looking guy, 7/10 tries.

The people in general are very warm & polite. Traditions are scrupulously integrated into their daily life routines, besides that their cultures & values are well preserved too. Never have I witnessed such harmonious co-mingling of customary practices in a ever changing modern society (it is either because i don't travel much or i'm just an easily impressed sua kuu ^_^)

I would say my most memorable moments of the trip were my excursions to Suanlum Night Bazaar & Chatuchak Weekend Market.

*La Roue De Paris... so nice

The majestic La Roue De Paris stood proudly at the entrance of the Suanlum Night Bazaar, illuminating the night sky with revolving effervescent light and granting every visitor an unforgettable welcome. It's the biggest Ferris wheel I've ever seen. I was so tempted to give it a try but riding it alone tak syioklah. Hence I moved on to something I like doing the most, window shopping. So many things too see, so little time. Pandang atas, bawah, kiri & kanan *gasp…*. The night bazaar offers a wide assortment of jollies from fashion apparels, jewelries, intricate décor items, to extensive choices of delicate cuisines. The whole place was bustling with activities & literally inundated with people. Unfortunately, the jollies that gripped my attraction affectionately were just too big & heavy for my petite frame to haul back to KL. Note to self: bring slaves friends to shop next time

*welcome! welcome!


Chatuchak Market = Shopping Paradise. Just when I thought the night bazaar was super cun but Chatuchak is simply supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! and not forgetting colossally impressive as well. I'd inadvertently dropped my jaw every time I discovered some very lovely & affordable treasures in this vast market, for eg.

1. Gray's Anatomy (Hard Cover, 2nd hand) – RM35 wow!

2. Harry Porter series 4 books (Hard Cover, 2nd hand) – RM45 double wow!

3. Nice V-Neck T-Shirt (New of course!) – RM15 for 2 tripple wow!

4. Puma snickers (Brand New) – RM85 *fainted*

*oi... apa conteng conteng ni...lu punya bapak punyakah

If I need to break a few bones to bring all these goodies back, let it be, because it's definitely worth it! My uttermost regret was not spending enough time to explore this wonderful market. I’ve promised myself that I shall come here again when my bank account have recovered from the catastrophic event I'd put it through ^_^ until then ‘Astalavista Baby, I’ll Be Back’

*pink taxi... PINK TAXI... A FREAKING PINK TAXI

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i took a ride at that ferris wheel last time i was in Bangcock. Nice view from above. Suan Lum night bazaar is a nice place to hang out. Look out for the live band nearby. :)
- BigBadWolf

JL said...

BBWolf: next time we go and naik again ok... that time I 1 orang tak syok mah. Got live band meh???

Anonymous said...

jasonnnnn!!!

didnt know u have a blog... just got to know while reading dida's blog

hehe... when did u go to bangkok?
glad u had a nice trip....
will ask u more about the trip next time coz i may plan to go bangkok (esp chaktuchak) ard may next year.
:P

JL said...

Hi Anne!!! so drama kan hehehe

i went end of Nov for a tech course. Tell you all about it when we meet Okie ^_^ cheers